IQDEMY PVC/PS/PC Primer
- 12 months
- pot life
- 20-30ml 1 sq.m
- (+50C) - (+300C)
- storage & transport
IQDEMY PVC / PS / PC Primer is a chemical agent for better results of UV-ink on polymer substance. It is used for pre-treatment of rigid materials like Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC), Polystyrene (PS), Polycarbonate (PC) before UV-ink printing. Greatly increases the adhesion, chemical and moisture resistance of the UV curable coating.
Optically pure and fast drying solvent-based primer containing a small amount of UV-monomer.
1. Remove protective layer from the surface.
2. Apply the primer
Apply the fine layer of the primer to a clean and dry surface using paint roller or fiberless wipe.
3. Wait until it is completely dried
It is necessary to wait for complete drying; usually, it takes 5-15 minutes, depending on the size of material.
4. The material is ready for printing
After drying, the material is ready for printing. The primer, when applied, remains its characteristics for 2 days without decreasing adhesion level and outdoor persistent capability.
- During and after the work, ventilate the room
- Do not use near heat or open flame
- Wear rubber gloves, warehouse coat and goggles while using
- in case of dermal or clothes exposure, wash off with water
- do not dilute the primer with water or any organic solvent
- do not mix IQDEMY primer with primers of other manufacturers
- do not leave primer bottle open for a long period of time
- do not leave primer bottle exposed to light and UV-radiation while working (on windowsills, near operating UV printers, etc.)
Adhesion level and primer quality test! it is not recommended to use the primer after its expiration rate or with storage and transport conditions violated.
To check the adhesion of printer samples, conduct a cross-cut test with roll PH adhesiometer (in accordance with GOST 15140-78 and ISO 2409) for single and/or mixed color slabs with different percentage of ink.
Test results of UV-printing on rigid PVC for comparison (left: without primer, right: using the primer).
1. After removing protective layer from the material, cleanse it carefully
2. Apply the primer to a clean and dry surface using paint roller or fiberless wipe
3. Due to the primer’s chemical features, it can be applied in advance
The primer, when applied, remains its characteristics for 2 days without decreasing adhesion level and outdoor persistent capability.
Do not apply the primer to a previously processed surface to avoid stroke marks.
4. Applying the primer, provide smooth and solid layer
It is important not to apply the primer in a very thick layer as it may lead to excess flows and uneven thickness, most clearly seen on transparent materials. Spread the primer uniformly, avoiding gaps, stripes, and bumps.
- Do not use broken or worn instruments for primer application
5. Depending on the material and ink layer thickness, chemical bonds take up to 24 hours to form.
Materials that are primer-processed in this way, are more water-resistant when used outdoors for a long period of time.